"I have never felt that anything really mattered but the satisfaction of knowing that you stood for the things in which you believed and had done the very best you could." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Monday, June 25, 2012

Welcome Back?!

Okay, so it has been a while since I last visited but I have been thinking of so many things that I need to share.....like this











This was my first motorcycle.  She was a 2008 1200 Sportser Custom Low.  Her color was Merlot Sunglow.  I bought her on 03.30.2012 and traded her in on 04.28.2012.  When I traded her I had put 1769 miles on her in 29 days.  She had great pipes that set off car alarms and a nice backrest.  Otherwise, she was nimble and a great starter.  She rode hard and was very top-heavy (unlike me).  I also had my first accident on her.  A crazy driver who was supposed to go left (left only lane) decided to go straight at the last minute and clipped the front tire.  Due to my training, I was able to hold her up and lay her down in such a way that I only broke the left rear blinker.  It hurt my pride more than anything and made me REALLY angry.  I picked myself off, brushed off the dirt, got back on her and rode the rest of the way to work.  I rode her to the dealer and had the blinker fixed and never looked back.

On 04.29.2012 I drove off with this jewel:









This is a 2012 Softail Deluxe.  Her name is Shug.  Think Sugar but VERY Southern.....My dad calls me Shug....My riding name is Skittles......Shug has almost 3300 miles on her and I love her.  She is like riding a Cadillac.  She is a traditional cruiser and is the most nostalgic bike that Harley makes.  We are quite the team when I ride her to work (daily).  I pass people and then they speed up to make sure that they saw a girl on her.  The men at work that ride are very protective of me and it is amusing.  There is nothing like the feeling of just you and the bike.  I can block out everything and really transcend all my troubles while I focus on the sights and smells as I ride.

I get to smell the Saint Arnold Brewery daily as they are roasting the hops.  It smells like really rich coffee and is a great start to the morning.  I can smell the fresh cut grass the rain, or lack of rain.  I can also smell normal traffic smells but that just adds to the enjoyment.  I have even been caught in a down-pour on the way home and been soaked to the bones.  I wouldn't trade a minute of it and wonder why I didn't get the courage to do it sooner.  I am the poster child for women riders.  I have a "posse" of younger riders that look up to me and we ride when we can so that they can gain experience.  Of course SF has been my "trainer" since she has been riding since she was 12.

I have more to share but I wanted to start here, as this has really helped me get past the depression and pain that I had let fester for way to long.....

3 comments:

knittymuggins said...

Love the bikes!! So very sorry to hear you had an accident though :( Scary! Glad you are o.k. Hope you had a wonderful holiday season :) Will you be back to blogging soon? I hope so!

Anonymous said...

The articleice Machines introduces:This article about How To Buy Commercial Ice Machines For Restaurant,With the introduction of cutting edge and innovative technologies, a commercial ice machine is no longer a bulky device producing insanitation, consuming a lot ...

If you need more ice Machines infomation about How To Buy Commercial Ice Machines For Restaurant, Click here to find.

With the introduction of cutting ice Machines edge and innovative technologies, a commercial ice machine is no longer a bulky device producing insanitation, consuming a lot of energy, making noise, and taking a lot of time to make the needed supply of ice. As a result of high end technologies, commercial ice machines are able to achieve “being green” the highest levels of energy and water conservation. Now a commercial ice machine can easily produce from 65 pounds to 2,000 pounds of ice cubes in a day. You can find varied shapes of ice cubes such as dice, half dice, octagon, crushed, nugget, and flake.

Commercial ice machines are the standalone units,ice Machines designed to produce large quantities of ice for various commercial purposes. Once installed, these commercial ice makers are pretty automatic and do not need much attention from you or your staff. These factory-made machines consist of a condensing unit and ice-making section that operates as an integrated unit to make ice, an ice bin or a storage unit to store the created ice and a dispensing unit to dispense the ice out of the machine. Many automatic ice machines use moving water to create an improved quality of ice cubes. They work on the principle of “faster the water moves the better the ice quality becomes”. In this process, the air and un-dissolved solids get washed away. This results in pure and clear ice production.

Large amounts of ice are demanded for various purposes in many ice Machines commercial entities such as Restaurants, Bars, Ice Cream Parlors, Bakeries, Country Clubs and Golf Courses. A commercial ice machine is the perfect choice for such places as the large quantity of ice also needs to be a certain quality as well. Automatic commercial ice machines will make plenty of ice of equal size in a short span of time. All you need to do is just start the machine and set the required functions, and leave the rest up to the machine. You will get good quantity of quality ice in a short amount of time. In addition, many commercial ice machines come with a self cleaning function. This will help maintain the quality and quantity if the produced ice while decreasing the time that you and or your staff must spend with the machine.

Keep in mind that there are two varieties of ice machines: air cooled and waterice Machines cooled. Air cooled ice machines use air to disperse the heat, whereas water cooled ice machine uses water to do the same function. Air cooled ice machines use more energy and also are much noisier than water cooled ice machines. However, they are more affordable than water cooled ice machines.

An assorted collection of wonderful, fast and energy efficient commercial ice makers are readilyice Machines available in the market. Various renowned and reliable manufacturers have come up with their unique range of these amazing machines. Numerous models that create different types and sizes of ice are available in the local and online market. A competitive urge of creating more efficient and cost effective ice machines, has left the customers and consumers with a distinctive variety of these units in which to choose.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.